St. Lucie County's Tourist Development Council (TDC) is represented by local elected officials, hospitality professionals and tourism-related community members.  The TDC appointed seats are comprised of three elected officials, three representatives from accommodations collecting the tourist tax, and three representatives from tourism-related industries, as directed by Florida Statutes 125.0104. The TDC meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. For more information or to receive meeting notices, please call 772-462-2130.

The TDC serves as an advisory committee to the St. Lucie County's Board of County Commissioners. 

Chris Dzadovsky, Chairman & St. Lucie County Commissioner
Linda Bartz, Vice-Mayor, City of Port St. Lucie
Rufus J. Alexander, Commissioner, City of Fort Pierce
Marilyn Minix, Owner, Road Runner Resort
Michelle MacNichol, Operator, Perfect Drive Vacation Rentals
Paul Taglieri, Director of Florida Operations, New York Mets/St. Lucie Mets
Chris Egan, General Manager, Vistana’s Beach Resort/Sheraton PGA
Terissa Aronson, Executive Director, St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
Clive Daem, Owner/Operator, Dockside Inn

St. Lucie County has a 5 percent tourist tax collected on accommodations rented for six months or less.  The funding is allocated in the following manner:

·         First & Second Cents- Operation and maintenance of Tradition Field

·         Third Cent- Promote Tourism

·         Fourth Cent- Pay debt service on bonds used to finance the reconstruction and renovation of Tradition Field

·         Fifth Cent- 67 percent of the 5th cent tax is allocated to pay debt service on bonds issued to finance the renovation and reconstruction of Tradition Field.  The remaining 33 percent of the 5th cent tax is allocated for capital facilities that promote tourism located north of Midway Road.